5.05.2010

A Bit Overdue Posting... My apologies ;)

So I started off doing well with the whole posting regularly thing, but ya know life happens and I just didn't make time for it (not that blogging is important by any means, but I hoped to do a little better than I have). This week my little sister Katie is visiting us, which has been fun so far, and I really enjoy catching up with her! Also, I've come to the realization that little Miss. Adalyn will be turning 2 in less than a month, and let's just say I'm not handling that too well. I truly have NO IDEA where the time went, and I pray that she just slows down a little bit or something!

I also have some awesome news to share! For those of you who don't know what's been going on with me in recent months, you will just have to go back and read some of my previous blog postings, because I really don't want to explain it all again. (Re: MRI results are in & So here we go...) After Taylor and I went to the Reproductive Endocrinologist, Dr. Dean Moutos, on April 8th we found out that I needed to have yet another surgery to remove my left uterus (see you probably will want to read those previous postings I warned you about ;)). He said that he would be able to remove it laprascopically, which would be an outpatient procedure and make for an easier recovery. Well that sounded wonderful until we were also informed that I had exceeded my outpatient benefits for the year and the surgery would not be covered by our insurance! Not something that I wanted to hear! For those of you who know us well, know that we do not need any more medical bills! After talking it over with Taylor, I decided that I would TRY to wait until the benefits renewed in September. Well, I tried, but after almost 2 weeks of being in so much pain that even a ridiculous amounts of Aleve and Toradol (very strong stuff) couldn't alleviate I realized that I shouldn't/ can't live the next 6 months of my life in this much pain. I called Dr. Moutos back on Friday (in tears, I guess that always helps the situation, right?) and begged him to see if he couldn't perform a laparatomy (open incision, instead of with a scope) that way it would be considered an inpatient procedure and then be covered through insurance! Well I just got a call this morning and found out that he agreed to do it that way! I literally was skipping like a little school girl I was so happy! Better yet, the surgery is scheduled for May 12th, which is only a week away!!! I know that the recovery will be harder, but I've been through it before and I know what to expect, so that helps a lot! I have been praying about this very hard for awhile and I know that God is with me and He is taking care of me! What an awesome feeling :) Please just keep me in your prayers, as well as, the hands of the doctors that will be doing the surgery! I am so grateful for wonderful family and friends that are supporting us through this, and I thank God for you every day.

Oh one last thing! Only because I said I would hold myself accountable.... I am down 5 pounds! Yipee! Five pounds in a month isn't wonderful, but it's something! With everything that has been going on it's made it a little difficult to hit the gym regularly, but this week my sister and I are a force to be reckoned with! We are dieting and work out machines! lol I'm going to try to do the best I can up until the surgery and from there just keep it off until I'm able to really work out again. Thanks for encouragement!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, not sure how I haven't found your blog before now! Anyway, glad to hear things are going to work out and the pain is going to be fixed, even if the surgery is going to be harder. Dr. Motos is in the same practice as the doctor I went to...Dr. Batres. Don't go to Batres though...I had a hard time understanding him! We'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in big trouble missy! You haven't called me with this news.

    ReplyDelete